Your First Appointment
- New patient paperwork will be e-mailed to you, please download it and bring it completed to your first visit.
- Your first visit will be a consult, this will take 15-30mintues. At this point we will determine if Acupuncture and Asian medicine can help you. We will create an individualized treatment plan. In most cases we will be able to get you in for a treatment following your consult. Plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early if you are not able to bring in forms completed.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing that can be pulled up easily to the elbows and knees. Many people choose to bring or wear shorts/yoga pants and a tank top/sports bra under their clothes.
- Eat a snack or light meal at least one hour prior to your visit. Come hydrated. Avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as well as, marijuana and or vigorous exercise immediately prior to your visit.
- We practice holistic medicine which means we will ask you questions regarding your physical, mental, and emotional states - all are relevant to your ailments and aid in our diagnosis and treatment of your condition. We may look at your tongue, feel your pulse and your abdomen. These are valuable diagnostic tools. We will discuss any questions or concerns you may have prior to treatment; we work with each patient's unique needs and comfort levels to design a treatment that is gentle, relaxing, and effective. Most of our patients fall asleep for a restorative power nap during their visit.